Gilgit-Baltistan Rural Support Programme (GBRSP) was established in 2012 and started its formal operations in 2016, after receiving an endowment fund from the Government of Gilgit-Baltistan (GoGB), to supplement and complement GoGB’s long-lasting efforts for development and poverty alleviation in Gilgit-Baltistan. GBRSP aims at developing a prosperous and peaceful society in Gilgit-Baltistan. Its main objective is to improve the quality of life of the communities through participatory development. Specific objectives of GBRSP are: 1) fostering community owned institutions, and 2) creating human, physical, social, financial and knowledge-based capital for the poor and disadvantaged groups in Gilgit-Baltistan through achievement of ‘Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’. THE GBRSP has two main thematic areas including social and economic development. Education is a sub component falling under the social development pillar.
Karakoram International University (KIU), Gilgit aims to produce comprehensive District Appraisal Reports (Village Profiling)
for its client (GBRSP). The main purpose of this assignment is to develop state of the art sector-wise district appraisal reports/publications. GBRSP has conducted its Village Profiling exercise in all 10 districts of Gilgit-Baltistan covering all important sectors. GBRSP is interested in identifying sector/village-wise problems along with its solutions proposed by the community so that GBRSP is able to plan and develop its Annual Work Plans in accordance with the on-ground needs/requirements of the community.
Detailed ToRs are given below:
TERMS OF REFERENCES:
The Consultant will be required to:
- Draft and finalize all 10 District Appraisal comprehensive Reports/Publications including in-depth analysis of the findings covering SDGs as well as sector/village-wise information.
- For each district a separate report should be prepared with the same standard template for all the reports.
- All the reports should be well formatted, printable and publishable supported by pictures, descriptive statistics/graphs, sector-wise village level directory etc.
- Frequent coordination with KIU especially in terms of progress sharing is mandatory.
- Data about the village profiling will be shared with the consultant. The consultant is only required to draft its report.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CONSULTANT
The ideal Consultant/Firm must possess the following demonstrable knowledge and expertise:
- Ideally a PhD but minimum a Master degree holder in Management Sciences/Economics.
- Must have worked in a public/development sector from middle to senior management position for more than 6 years.
- Must possess ample experience on statistical analysis and relevant tools.
- The Consultant must have excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills.
- Must have adequate knowledge of Gilgit-Baltistan.
6 months from the date of signing of contract.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
KIU will pay the Consultant according to below mentioned terms;
- 33% of the total payment will be made to the Consultant after submission of 2 Months’ progress report covering not less than 3 districts.
- 33% of the total payment will be made to the Consultant after submission of next 2 Months’ progress report covering not less than 3 districts.
- Remaining 34% of the total payment will be made to the Consultant after submission of final 2 Months’ progress report covering not less than 4 districts.
- Payment will be made through cross-cheque in the name of the Consultant.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your expression of interest via given below email along with your detailed CV and a sample of similar work done by you in the past, to Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization, Karakoram International University, Gilgit. Deadline for submission of application is May 08, 2020. Late submissions will not be considered for shortlisting. KIU reserve the right to cancel or withdraw this EOI at any time. Only shortlisted consultants will be approached for further discussions.
*Please note that ORIC-KIU will deduct 33.3% of the total (already approved) budgeted amount as per ORIC’s approved policy.
To submit your EOI, please address to:
Dr. Ifzal Ahmad
Karakoram International University, Gilgit
Ph. No. 05811-960011 ext. 243
Last date for form submission
2 years ago