Applications are invited for M.Phil and Ph.D. admission in the following Departments against limited seats as per schedule is given below:
|S#||Program Title||Preferred Subjects||Duration||Number of Seats|
|01||Ph.D. in Food Science and Technology||Food Sciences & Technology and Human Nutrition||3-5 years||05|
|02||MS in Food Science and Technology||Food Sciences & Technology and Human Nutrition (other Agri. discipline shall teach deficiency courses||2-3 years||08|
|03||MS in Chemistry||Organic Chemistry||2-3 years||08|
|04||MS In Educational Development||Education||2-3 years||12|
Eligibility Criteria (M.Phil Program)
- Sixteen years of schooling or 4-year education (124-130 credit Hours) after HSSC/F.Sc/ Grade 12 equivalents in the relevant subject with at least 2.50 CGPA from a recognized University as per HEC rules.
- Specific eligibility criteria shall also be applicable for admissions as per HEC rules like NTS/NTS type test.
Eligibility Criteria (Ph.D Program)
- 18 years of education, i.e MS/Six year’s education after HSSC/F. Sc Grade 12 equivalent in relevant subject with CGPA> 3.0.
- A candidate with Masters (foreign) degree shall be required to obtain equivalence letter from HEC, stating his/her eligibility for admission into Ph. D program.
- Specific eligibility criteria shall also be applicable for admissions as per HEC rules like NTS/Subject GRE.
- One-page research proposal shall be accompanied by application form.
- Note: Government employees must provide NOC from concerned department.
- NTS type Entry test for MS Students shall be held on March 08, 2017
- Display of List of successful students March 13, 2017
- Fee submission March 13 to 15, 2017
- Classes will be started March 15, 2017
- Application form can be obtained from the admission office KIU Gilgit from February 21, 2017.
No application will be received after 6th March 2017.