Consultant Required for Developing Social Mobilization Strategy
Karakoram International University (KIU), Gilgit aims to develop a comprehensive Social Mobilization Strategy for its client, Gilgit-Baltistan Rural Support Programme (GBRSP), so that they are able to form its community organizations across Gilgit-Baltistan, and interact with the communities accordingly. Detailed ToRs are given below:
TERMS OF REFERENCES:
The Consultant will be required to;
- Draft and finalize a comprehensive Social Mobilization Strategy based on Participatory Local Social Development (PLSD) Model covering all aspects including its manual, policies and procedures, formats, and assessment criterion & tools for community organizations.
- Clearly suggest the legal status of Community Organizations under the umbrella of GBRSP.
- Suggest strategies for capacity building and strengthening of Community Organizations.
- Clearly identify and explain the roles and responsibilities of the required Human Resource for implementation of Social Mobilization/Community Development under SM Strategy.
- The final report should be well formatted, printable and publishable supported by pictures, graphs/tables etc.
- Frequent coordination with KIU, especially in terms of progress sharing on weekly basis.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CONSULTANT
The ideal candidate must possess the following demonstrable knowledge and expertise:
- Must have worked in development sector on middle to senior leadership positions for more than 10 years.
- Must have understanding and knowledge of PLSD Model of Social Mobilization and Participatory Approach.
- At least Bachelors qualified, however preference will be given to experienced and trained individual on PLSD Model.
- Must have adequate knowledge of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Must have strong communication and analytical skills.
1 month from the date of signing of contract.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
KIU will pay the Consultant according to below mentioned terms;
- 100% payment will be made to the Consultant after finalization and approval of the assignment.
- Payment will be made through cross-cheque in the name of the Consultant.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your expression of interest via given below email along with your detailed CV and a sample of similar work done by you in the past, to Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization, Karakoram International University, Gilgit. Deadline for submission of application is November 20, 2019. Late submissions will not be considered for shortlisting. KIU reserve the right to cancel or withdraw this EOI at any time. Only shortlisted consultants will be approached for further discussions. To submit your EOI, please address to:
Dr. Ifzal Ahmad
Karakoram International University, Gilgit
Ph. No. 05811-960011 ext. 243
Last date for form submission
3 years ago