GIS Research Associate required
Terms of ReferenceTechnical Focus:
- Manage and analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Support the GIS team in the application of GIS and RS in Glacial Lake Outburst Floods – II (GLOFF) II, risk reduction project.
- Analyze satellite and field data using image analysis and GIS softwares.
- Provide assistance on geo data processing, maintaining/updating spatial databases.
- Collect supporting data and field survey data, to validate remote sensing data analyses.
- Assist in mapping, zoning and related RS based applications.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Use remote sensing data for change detection etc. as required.
- Provide day-to-day support to GIS team on mapping activities.
- Any others assignment given by the Principal Investigator (PI) within the area of expertise.
- Education: PhD Degree in GIS/RS, geography, urban studies, planning or related field and experience a bonus. Demonstrated proficiency in GIS software and geospatial analysis.
- Methodology and Plan of Action for assigned tasks,
- Reporting on status of the tasks, information reviewed, collected, and analyzed,
- Reporting and presentation of findings and recommendations to the Project team
- Recommendations for suitable mitigation measures.
- Last date for submission of applications Friday 18th September, 2020
- All attested documents, CNIC and certificates should be attached.
- Application can be downloaded from KIU WEBSITE.
- For any further inquiry, please contact Dr. Ifzal Director ORIC KIU and Dr. Aftab HOD Computer Sciences.
Last date for form submission
1 year ago