- Aga Khan University in the United Kingdom (AKU) and Karakoram International University (KIU) Gilgit, are looking for data collectors (enumerators) for British Academy funded Joint Research Project “Scaling up and transferring community-managed rural water systems to urban settings”, from Gilgit-Baltistan to carry out primary data collection. The fieldwork will be conducted over a period of 40 days total between March and June 2020 in Gilgit-Baltistan. Enumerators will be provided with research and fieldwork training, and the opportunity of gaining practical experience in the field, besides honoraria.
- The enumerators (preferably KIU Graduates) will be selected based on the relevance of their qualification and experience. Selected enumerators will be part of an inter-disciplinary and collaborative research project between AKU, KIU and Aga Khan Agency for Habitat (AKAH) that will examine the successful implementation of community-managed water systems in Gilgit-Baltistan in order to assess if and how these can be scaled up to urban settings.
- Responsibilities of Enumerators:
- Conduct surveys and interviews
- Gather data and evidence
- Obtain informed consent of research subjects
- Screen potential subjects in order to determine their suitability as study participants
- Track research participants, and perform any necessary follow-up tasks
- Perform data entry and other clerical work as required for project completion
- Code data in preparation for computer entry
- Requirements of candidates:
- Resident of Gilgit-Baltistan, specifically from Ghanche, Skardu, Gilgit, Ghizer, Hunza/Nager and Diamer
- Background in a relevant applied social science (e.g. economics, human geography, anthropology, sociology, Environmental Sciences and Earth Sciences) would be an advantage
- Quantitative skills including the use of R would be an advantage
- Computer literacy
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Good people skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willing to travel, possibly overnight
- Conversant with the research ethics
- How to apply:
Please submit a CV and names and contact details of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
incomplete applications / hard copies will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: Feb 28, 2020 (1600 Hrs)
Names of the shortlisted candidates for interview will be displayed at KIU website (www.kiu.edu.pkon 02 March, 2020. Interviews of the shortlisted Candidate will be held on March 03, 2020
The finally selected candidates will have to undertake a training on March 10/11, 2020.
For specific questions about the position please contact: email@example.com
Last date for form submission
2 years ago