The Karakoram International University endeavors to become a leading institution of higher learning, meaningfully contributing to sustainable development, promoting knowledge economies and pluralistic societies in the mountainous regions of Pakistan and geographically similar landscapes elsewhere.
- Offering Quality academic programs in line with the local, regional & global demands
- Attracting & nurturing high-quality minds to address the contemporary challenges through dissemination & generation of high-quality knowledge & cutting edge research
- Promoting & conserving the indigenous values and creating social & ethical responsibility
- Trying to become financially sustainable; through commercialization of Research and Development
The University is committed to uphold and promote:
- Excellence and quality in all its functions including scholarship in its broader aspects, careful management, and ethical considerations.
- Acceptance of diversity and pluralism, with particular regard to gender, race, color, beliefs, culture, and religion.
- Holistic development of its students, faculty, and staff as managers and critical users of knowledge and human resource.
- A culture of inquiry, creativity, critical thinking, and the free exchange of thoughts.
- The relevance of its functions to the goals of development of individuals, society, and environment at the regional and global levels.
- Provision of efficient and effective relevant services to all internal and external stakeholder
- Recruit and retain highly qualified faculty who are committed to deliver the expectations outlined in the vision and mission.
- Ensure merit and quality in the admission of students.
- Develop and deliver knowledge content that is relevant to the local context; that capitalizes on local comparative advantages.
- Promote interactive and student centred learning.
- Develop a culturally symbolic (architecture) and inviting campus environment.
- Forge partnerships and networks with global knowledge networks for exchange of relevant knowledge, faculty, and student.
- Undertake continued faculty and staff development to maintain excellence in quality.
- Promote multidisciplinary integration of educational programs in order to enhance the versatility and entrepreneurship of its studies.
- Facilitate “access” through “distributive” learning and “decentralization” (KIU is a multi campus University).
- Seek multiple avenues for resource development.