Applications are invited for MS/Ph.D. admission in the following Departments against limited seats as per schedule given below;
|S#||Program Title||Subject Specialization in last degree||Duration|
|01||Ph.D in Food Science & Technology||MS/M.Phil in Food Sciences & Technology||3-5 years|
|MS in Food Science & Technology||BS/BSc(Hons) in Food Sciences & Technology||2-3 years|
|2||MS in Chemistry||M.Sc or BS in Chemistry (one core course of organic chemistry in the last degree)||2-3 years|
|3||MS in Environmental Sciences||BS(4 Years)/ B.Sc Hons./M.Sc (2 Years) in Environmental Sciences and Allied disciplines (Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Forestry, Earth Sciences, Agriculture, Forestry & Range Management, Geography, Geology, Watershed Management, Wildlife Management, Zoology).
Note: The graduates of other allied disciplines’ mentioned above may be awarded degree after passing at least four major courses of BS level without credit towards MS degree.
|4||MS in Biological sciences||BS(4 Years) in Plant Sciences/Animal Sciences||2-3 years|
|5||MS in Educational Development||MA Education, B.Ed (Hons) 4 Years, MA or MSc in other field with M.Ed.||2-3 years|
- For MS admission, sixteen years of schooling (124-130 Credit Hours) after HSSC/F.Sc/ with at least 2.50 CGPA and for Ph.D. admission 18 years of education, with minimum CGPA of 3.0 from HEC recognized university as per rules is required.
- Specific eligibility criteria shall also be determined for admissions as per HEC rules like NTS/GAT/ subject GRE (NTS type test, shall be conducted by KIU for MS/M.Phil admissions).
- A candidate with foreign Masters degree shall be required to obtain equivalence certificate from HEC, stating his/her eligibility for admission into the Ph.D. program.
- One page research proposal should be accompanied with application form duly accepted by a faculty member having Ph.D. degree who can be his/her supervisor in future.
- The last date for submission of application is 30th Dec 2017.
Note: Government employees must provide NOC from concerned department. Once the admission is confirmed by the DASR office, the applicant shall submit a study leave certificate from his/her employer for the entire period of his/her study at KIU.
- NTS type Entry test for M.Phil students shall be held on 12th Feb 2018.
- Display of list of successful students:: 19th Feb 2018
- Fee submission:: 20th to 26th Feb 2018
- Classes will be started:: 28th Feb 2018
- Application form can be obtained from the DASR office KIU, Gilgit, from 28th October 2017.
- No application will be entertained after 30th Dec 2017.
Dr. Muhammad Shahnawaz
Director, Advanced Studies & Research